NFT marketplaces empower users to buy and sell NFTs regardless of their technical know-how.
They help facilitate easy trading among peers and allow individuals to launch their personal NFT projects, build a personal brand, and even set up a passive income stream that potentially helps them earn in perpetuity.
In other words, NFT marketplaces are online platforms that bridge the gap between buyers and sellers. They function more like an exchange, with people minting and selling NFTs at a set price.
At AssetMantle, the team is dedicated to making NFTs accessible more easily and with greater functionality. The Mantle team is able to achieve this feat of engineering marvel by building on the Cosmos ecosystem and leveraging the flexibility of interNFT (an NFT metadata standard).
What is AssetMantle?¶
AssetMantle is a multi-tenant NFT marketplace framework that enables creators and collectors to securely mint, own, and trade digital assets on its fast-finality blockchain.
The AssetMantle no-code toolset enables creators to permissionlessly create customized assets and marketplaces.
Collectors can own the assets minted across these marketplaces and compatible chains in a singular wallet that can be transacted with minimal gas and a lower carbon footprint.
Built on the interNFT standard, AssetMantle implements an end-to-end stack of open-source modular tools that developers can modify to fit advanced use cases.
Vision of AssetMantle¶
Build an open-source, community-driven framework for interchain NFTs and metadata standardization by contributing to interNFT standard.
Mission of AssetMantle¶
Provide a platform that enables a diverse set of NFTs use cases that extend beyond arts and collectibles and can potentially change the representation of rights and ownership of real-world assets like real estate and other commodities.
Why Did AssetMantle Choose the Cosmos Ecosystem?¶
- AssetMantle is a part of the larger Cosmos ecosystem. It is built atop the Tendermint core consensus engine and therefore offers greater scalability, better usability, and superior sovereignty than most other blockchains.
- Further, Cosmos allows extreme interoperability and connectivity with other chains using the Inter-Blockchain Communication (IBC) protocol.
- The NFT market is currently untapped in the Cosmos ecosystem, and despite the rapid demand in the NFT space, there is no concrete Cosmos-native marketplace.
- The Cosmos network's gas fees are relatively lower, and minting costs of assets on the same would be negligible (as compared to most other blockchain networks that require massive investment just to mint).
- The economic feasibility of the network accelerates the protocol’s mass adoption and encourages more innovations to happen on the same.
- At the end of the day, AssetMantle’s users enjoy virtually limitless possibilities to trade NFTs, negligible gas fees (as low as $0.01), and fast transaction approval (7 seconds) thanks to low network congestion.
- The NFTs minted on AssetMantle can be referred to as “Green NFTs” because they consume very little energy. In contrast, Ethereum NFTs (ERC 721 tokens) have faced an enormous backlash from the environmentally-conscious due to their large power requirements of the Proof-of-Work (PoW) consensus.
- Many creators have opted for Proof-of-Stake (PoS) powered marketplaces over marketplaces on Ethereum for the same reason. While the Ethereum network is still updating to the Proof of Stake consensus, the ETA is and its implications are still quite uncertain. However, all the chains in the Cosmos network use Delegated Proof-of-Stake (DPoS) consensus.
- AssetMantle allows for the seamless integration of web 2.0 experiences so that complications of web 3.0 can be abstracted away.
- AssetMantle allows users to create their own storefronts using a no-code user-friendly drag-and-drop builder.
Inception of AssetMantle¶
AssetMantle was first conceptualized by Deepanshu Tripathi back in the year 2018 when he was working with Comdex, a decentralized enterprise commodity trading platform that is facilitated by tokenizing assets, as the Chief Blockchain Architect.
In the early stages, AssetMantle was the only asset tokenization, NFT minting, and burning protocol in the larger Persistence ecosystem.
Later, the team decided to open source the code and expand AssetMantle into an elaborate framework that empowered creators to build their legacy.
Timeline of AssetMantle¶
Q2 2018 — AssetMantle was conceptualized
Q2 2019 — Non-standard IBC executed
Q2 2020 — Introduced Comdex
Q4 2020 — First high seas commodities trading via Comdex
Q1 2021 — Build AssetMantle MVP
Q3 2021 — Introduced AssetMantle proof of concept with an enhancement of application-level modules
Q4 2021 — Launched AssetMantle testnet
Q1 2022 — Completed Phase 1 of the roadmap
- Onboarded validators
- MantlePlace beta version released
- Onboarded Mantle Genesis Creators
- $MNTL Tokenomics introduced
- Introduced fractionalized NFTs
- Introduced $MNTL airdrop calculator
- MantleDrop StakeDrop completed